The goal of quality assurance is to advance the values of Health and
Safety, Power and Choice, Status, Integration, Relationships, and Competence
in the lives of people with developmental disabilities. The division
will accomplish this by:
- Communicating with people we support and their families, advocates,
providers, legislators and others.
- Using quality, outcome-based strategic planning.
- Making decisions which use client satisfaction, incident information,
fiscal and other data.
- Working with those we support, their families and providers, to
reduce the rate of serious incidents.
- Monitoring provider compliance with agreed upon standards.
- Providing training to people we support, their families and providers.
- Engaging in continuous quality improvement.
In order to assure that quality services are sought, provided,
paid for and continually improved, specific QA
outcomes must be achieved for participants and their families
by DDD in cooperation with the counties and the contractors/providers.