Types of Children
Children available for adoption through DSHS reside in foster care or relative care and are unable to be reunited with their birth parents. Children placed in out-of-home care may have been abused (physical/sexual) and/or neglected. The children:
- Range in age.
- Boys and girls.
- May be part of a sibling group (2 or more).
- Represent diverse ethnic and cultural populations.
- May have medical, mental and/or physical health issues.
- May have developmental delays.
- May have developmental disabilities.
- May have been exposed to drug and alcohol use/abuse.