Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Home page

Other Mental Health Services for Children

Mental health services for children and youth are available through community mental health agencies and licensed therapists. Public system resources and plans can be seen at the Washington State Health Plans website:Washington Health Care Authority.

All children and youth with Medicaid can receive a mental health assessment through a community mental health agency, and can receive other needed services through Regional Support Network funded programs. To find a service location, call the Regional Support Network - RSN that serves the county you live in and request the name and phone number of the mental health agency in your area.

Call the mental health agency for an appointment. They may do a screening over the phone and schedule an intake appointment. Services are generally provided at the mental health agency, in your home, or at other locations in your community.

There is no cost for services provided to Medicaid families, and small fees for low income families on Washington State Health Plans. Other health plans offer different arrangements for premiums and out of pocket fees for services. Some services at community agencies are provided on sliding fee scales or may offer reduced costs thanks to private support or help from organizations like United Way.

Private health insurance company plans usually have lists of their counseling providers available by phone or through their internet site. Online and printed telephone directories have lists of counselors and mental health agencies in the counseling section or community services pages.