Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Home page
Error processing SSI file

Can I report people committing Welfare Fraud in other states?

Not through this agency. Welfare fraud needs to be reported in the state where it was committed. The Office of Fraud and Accountability only investigates Welfare Fraud in Washington State.

To report fraud occurring in another state, please call that state's Information.

Or, visit the website of the United Council on Welfare Fraud - UCOWF. UCOWF is an international organization of approximately 2,000 individuals from the United States and Canada who have combined their efforts to fight fraud, waste, and abuse in social service programs. Their primary focus is toward the detection, elimination, and prosecution of those who fraudulently obtain government benefits.

At the UCOWF website, you may find additional information on Welfare Fraud and links to report fraud to other states.