Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities (HWD) Program
What it is:
Healthcare for Workers with Disabilities (HWD) allows people with disabilities who are working to purchase medical coverage by paying a monthly premium that is based on their income.
Who is eligible:
- Are age 16 through 64
- Meet federal disability requirements
- Are employed (including self-employment) full or part time
- Has monthly income that does not exceed 220% of the federal poverty level or the "net" amounts show below
|HWD Monthly Net Income Limits|
|Single person||Married Person|
The resource test is waived for HWD.
HWD benefits include:
- Medicaid benefit package, including Medicaid personal care services
- Greater personal and financial independence
- Members can earn and save more without the risk of losing their healthcare coverage
What does it cost?
Your monthly premium is based on a sliding scale. It cannot be more than 7.5% of your total monthly income - but it can be less!
If you have been afraid to pursue your career goals because doing so might disqualify you from needed healthcare, this program may perfect for you.