Email that approaches 5 MB are not sent or received by our servers until after 5:30 pm. Email that approaches 10 MB are blocked - senders may not receive notification of delivery failure. Please zip large files or send multiple email with attachments and confirm receipt with us if you send large files. Please let us know how many files to expect.
The WSIRB will only review research applications for research that is within its jurisdiction (DSHS, DOH, L&I, HCA, DEL, and several county health departments).
Researchers planning to submit a proposal to the WSIRB should call and discuss their proposed research with Review Section staff before preparing their application. You may call Review Section staff at 360.902.8075.
Downloads and Links
- Research Application (Revised July 2012)
- Exempt Determination Request (Revised May 2013)
- Continuation Approval Request (Revised May 2013)
- Study Amendment Request (Revised May 2013)
- Unanticipated Problem and/or Adverse Events (Revised July 2012)
- Report of Protocol Deviation (July 2012)
- Additional Signature Page - Confidentiality Agreement (Revised January 2013)
- Certification that Research Records Have Been De-Identified (April 2006)
If you have any difficulties downloading the electronic documents, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Researchers submitting proposals to the WSIRB should review the following documents:
- Washington State Agency Policy on Protection of Human Research Subjects
- HIPAA Privacy Rule - Requirements For Research
To minimize problems opening PDF documents, we suggest that you always use the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader.