Direct Deposit Fact Sheet
Read The Facts and Apply for Direct Deposit
- Your money is electronically transferred into your bank account.
- For new direct deposit accounts or to make changes to an account you already have, complete and print the Direct Deposit Registration/W9 form (PDF) and mail, fax, scan/email it to:
SSPS Provider File Unit
Attn: Direct Deposit
PO Box 45346
Olympia, WA 98504
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Senders take full responsibility for any activity resulting from sensitive information being sent from private email through the State email system)
- Request a paper copy of the application packet at DSHSSSPSWeb@dshs.wa.gov or by calling 360-664-6161 (Option 1 for SSPS)
- Be sure to tell us whether it's for a new account or to change an existing one
- For State Supplemental Payments (SSP) through the Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD), the W-9 needs to have the client's information. If the client is unable to sign the forms, please sign for them stating your relationship (guardian, custodian, etc.).
- View the Direct Deposit Registration Instructions (PDF)
Am I eligible for direct deposit?
You may be able to get direct deposit if:
- Your authorization to receive SSPS payment is current
- You have an open, stable bank account
- You maintain the minimum balance required by your bank
- Your bank accepts direct deposits
- Your money does not go to someone else before you receive it like:
- A protective payee, or
- A parent for children in your care, or
- A long term care employer payee