Submit your SSPS invoice for payment or inquire about a submitted invoice
The Invoice Express toll free number is 1-888-461-8855, and is printed at the top of every SSPS invoice.
An operator is available during normal business hours if the caller has problems, however SSPS staff cannot submit your invoice information for you.
- Callers may choose either English or Spanish voice prompts.
- Callers may choose to complete an entire invoice, or to complete selected pages of their invoice.
- Callers may choose to check on the status of an invoice.
- Callers may use the toll free line any time of day or night.
Helpful Information about Invoice Express
View the Invoice Express Brochure (DSHS 22-369 PDF)
- Payees who are authorized for SSPS invoiced services, and
- Payees whose invoice is dated within the last six months (see date in upper right hand corner of invoice)
- Invoice Express is a way to submit an invoice using a touch-tone phone.
- Several days of processing time are saved when you use Invoice Express.
- For each line of your invoice, use your telephone number pad to report units of service provided.
- You must mail in your invoice if you need to lower your rate. Invoice Express does not allow rate changes by telephone.
- The information you enter goes into the main computer in Olympia at 4:30 PM each business day.
- You can enter your invoice by telephone at any time of the day or night, seven days per week.
- Do not worry about having your invoice returned because of errors. You can correct errors on the spot.
- No problems with double entry: Once your claimed services have been put into SSPS either by mail or telephone, Invoice Express will not allow entry of an invoice a second time.
- Fill out the invoice before you call Invoice Express. Use it to help you report the units of service provided.
- Do not mail in your invoice. Keep it for your records in case of audit.
Complete your paper invoice and obtain required signatures before you call. Refer to it during your call to Invoice Express. LISTEN CAREFULLY! If you have trouble you can hang up at any time before pressing the star key and the invoice will not process so that you can try again later.
Use a touch tone phone to contact Invoice Express using the toll free number printed at the top of the invoice.
You will first be asked if you prefer English or Spanish.
You will then be asked if you want to: 1) complete an invoice; or 2) check on processing. Choose 1 to complete an invoice.
The first question to answer when calling is whether your invoice is Regular or Supplemental (look in the upper left corner).
(1) for Regular
(2) for Supplemental
You will be asked to use the numbers on your telephone to enter the first 3 digits and then the 6 digits after the letter and dash of your invoice number.
To make sure no other person can get to your invoice by telephone, you will be asked to enter the payee number.
If your invoice has more than 1 page, you will be asked to enter the page number you wish to submit.
Invoice Express will read the last 4 digits of your reference number, so that you will know which line you are on.
Enter the number of units provided (Enter 0 when no services were rendered).
Invoice Express will read to you the type of service unit. In the case of months (MON) you will be able to report either a full month, or a partial month, by reporting the number of days served (DA).
When you are asked to enter the units, use the numbers on your telephone number pad.
After entering all data, wait until the phone voice says "Press the star key now." After you press the star key, you will hear the phone voice say, "You have successfully completed your page/invoice." This means your page/invoice has been successfully submitted and will be sent for processing . If you hang up too soon, your invoice will not be paid! You will then need to call Invoice Express and try again.
You will be asked if you'd like to enter another invoice, or, if your invoice has multiple pages, you will be asked if you wish to enter another page.
- Fill out completely and obtain required signatures before calling. Listen carefully when you call.
- After entering all data, wait until the phone voice says "Press the star key now." After you press the star key, you will hear the phone voice say, "You have successfully completed your page/invoice." This means your page/invoice has been successfully submitted and will be sent for processing.
- Do not mail your invoice when using Invoice Express. Keep it for your permanent records in case of audit.
- If you have trouble you can hang up at any time before pressing the star key and the invoice will not process so that you can try again later.
- For invoices phoned in before 4:30 p.m. payment will be processed in 2 business days. If you call after 4:30 p.m., payment will be processed in 3 business days.
- If you call to process an invoice for the current month, your invoice will be processed the first business day of the next month.