DSHS Strategic Plans 2013-2015
Strategic planning is a critical component of successful organizations. It defines the direction of the agency and is used to make decisions about how to best allocate resources to achieve desired outcomes. The Department’s strategic plans are dynamic and will be updated quarterly to reflect progress, Legislative and budget realities and priorities.
People are healthy,
People are safe,
People are supported,
Taxpayer resources are guarded.
To transform lives.
DSHS Strategic Goals, Objectives and Priorities
DSHS aligns its goals and strategies with the priorities outlined in Results Washington to improve services for our clients and the citizens of Washington state.
- Goal 1: HEALTH – Each individual and each community will be healthy
- Goal 2: SAFETY – Each individual and each community will be safe
- Goal 3: PROTECTION – Each individual who is vulnerable will be protected
- Goal 4: QUALITY OF LIFE – Each individual in need will be supported to attain the highest possible quality of life
- Goal 5: PUBLIC TRUST – Strong management practices will ensure quality and efficiency
The Department of Social and Health Services is results oriented and uses data to measure progress in outcomes for communities and in people’s lives. Strategic Plan updates and Core Metrics – Results-Based Accountability—are tools to measure our progress in achieving our goals.