Social Service Payment System - SSPS
The Department of Social and Health Services uses SSPS to pay for a variety of services that facilitate employment, increase independence, and protect children, the fragile elderly, and disabled children and adults.
SSPS is used to provide authorization and payment processing for services delivered to DSHS clients. This mission-critical system is used by more than 4,800 case workers in several major administrations across DSHS including: Economic Services Administration, Aging and Disability Services Administration, Children's Administration, and Medical Assistance Administration.
SSPS combines the best of Microsoft's newer technology and the power of mainframe processing. This wonderful combination of technologies provides the State of Washington with the ability to pay over 79,000 social service providers more than $1.8 billion annually in services to more than 299,000 clients.
Invoice Express is Updated!
We have updated Invoice Express with the following slight changes that you will hear beginning Tuesday, March 12, 2013:
- New English- and Spanish-speaking voice talent
- Slight grammar updates
- Updated introduction: “Welcome to Invoice Express. Callers please note that the cut off time for calling in your invoice for processing is 4:30 p.m.”
- A new customer service prompt: “Please hold while we transfer you to our next available customer service specialist.”
- Some script prompts have changed to a claim-focus versus a payment-focus. As an example, the system will now prompt with “This page has been claimed.” instead of “This page has been paid.”
- The script prompt regarding vacation has been deleted since it was confusing to providers. It was: “Enter the number of hours you wish to claim for vacation. Enter zero if no vacation hours have been used. The unused vacation hours will be added to the next regular invoice when you provide a union-covered service.”
Direct Deposit saves you trips to the bank by depositing your payment directly into your checking or savings account.
Invoice Express, available in English or Spanish, speeds payment. Providers may validate their entire invoice or just selected pages. Callers may also check on the status of a payment.
SSPS Calendar lists the upcoming invoice dates, adoptive support, and SSP payment dates.
Tax Info is tax reporting information to consider when providing services.
IP Call Diagram Quick Reference (power point) provides DSHS field staff and IP providers with the phone numbers to the correct office when questions related to their union benefits arise. It also includes a segment on questions and answers to help educate them on these benefits.
Questions gives answers to commonly asked questions about SSPS.
SEIU 775 is the representative unit for Individual Personal providers serving DSHS clients (a non-DSHS web site).